I understand the huge importance of being open, transparent and honest. Therefore, whenever I’m asked a question, I respond to it directly to the person asking, and then add it to my FAQ’s page.
Please take a moment to read through the questions below. I’m sure you’ll find some questions you have already thought to ask, and others you may have not even considered asking!
If your question is not answered, click here to connect with me and ask me directly. I will take your call or respond as soon as possible.
Houston, Texas is my “official” base. But I spend a significant amount of time in Amsterdam and Dubai.
Speaking fee for what specifically?
What do you have in mind?
This is a hard question for me to answer point-blank.
I work in different markets with different economies…
I offer different services during one single event and each of these services has different fees.
I’ll start by suggesting this might not be the right question to ask!
Perhaps a better question is:
Are your speaking fees negotiable?
And the answer for this question is ABSOLUTELY!
I’ve spoken in events where my fee was $15K and others where my fee was $5K. You might be wondering…
Why such a big difference?
There are many variables that need to be considered before I can answer your question…
– How many participants are there on the event?
– What are your expectations?
– What are the dates of your event?
– Do you want follow-up sessions?
– Where would your event be?
– Do you want me to do a Keynote or a break-out session?
– Do you want me to do both?
– I’m I the only speaker?
– Do you work with sponsors?
– How long will the event be?
– Is your audience paying to participate at the event?
And these are just a few of the possible variables…
Before we discuss fees, I would like to know more about your event. That’s why, I would be happy to jump on a call with you, listen to your requirements and negotiate a fee which is fair for you and for me.
In addition, I want you to know the following:
– I ALWAYS think win-win
– My fee will ALWAYS be below the value I provide
– My fee will be fair for your market’s economic situation
– There are many creative ways to reach a win-win agreement
– I understand every event and every client is different
I look forward to talking to our conversation.
The answer to this question is YES and NO.
I DO NOT speak for free yet I understand you might not have a budget allocated for a speaker.
I do not accept “exposure” as a currency yet I love to get access!
– Who do you know that might be interesting for me to meet?
If you are asking me to forego my fee, what will you be able to do for me in return?
There are MANY creative ways to have me on your event without paying my speaker’s fee. “I scratch your back, you scratch mine”.
As long as we can find a fair solution I am happy to consider the possibility to waive my speaking fee. I have worked in countries where barter and trade are a common currency, so rest assured I have an open mind on this matter and will happily discuss different possibilities.
I am very flexible on this matter. I am happy traveling economy, yet I always appreciate an upgrade.
I am an experienced traveler and often I can find ways to get to your destination without YOU paying for my trip. I am happy to talk to you about this matter and find a fair solution.
I do have a busy agenda and in order to ‘lock’ a date for you, I would request a small non-refundable deposit.
We can agree on the amount when we talk on the phone.
Even though your deposit is non-refundable, I will take it into consideration when we agree in new dates for your event.
I understand how important your event is…
In addition, I am aware your event offers no do-overs. For this reason, allow me to list everything you can expect from me for your pace-of-mind:
1. I am easy to work with, I understand I am there to support you
2. I adhere to a strict professional code of ethics
3. My presentations are thought provoking, motivating and fun
4. I provide great experiences for your audience
5. My content is always fresh and relevant
6. I understand the events industry. I’ll give you no reason to worry
7. I will be always prepared. I am a pro!
8. I will make you look good in every way I can
9. I will make your entire organization look great
10. I customize my content to your audience
11. I am eloquent and deliver my message with impact
12. I can fill more than one spot on your event (training, breakouts)
13. I will be always available for your audience
14. I use appropriate and clean humor.
15. I am flexible and adaptable with last-minute changes
16. I am not an ego speaker, I am there to make YOU look great
17. I love creating positive experiences for audiences
18. I am ALWAYS audience-centered not ‘me’ centered
19. I will work to be the best speaker you’ve ever hired
20. I have always your best interest in mind
Got a question for you…
What other speaker do you know who can GUARANTEE everything I mentioned above?
It depends on where you are.
I will be happy to offer a 2 hour training sample to your executive team if that is what you require.
I can also do a sample on a webinar format. This might be easier and more cost effective. It is not the same, but will give your executives a better idea of my speaking style and what I can provide for your organization.
I am not a “canned” presenter…
Before the event, I will make sure we set up time so you can tell me about the outcome you want from the event. I will research your company, your industry and prepare my material to make sure YOU obtain the outcome we agreed on.
In my experience, if there is no follow-up, people will forget what they learned during the event in less than a week. I offer multiple follow-up possibilities and I will make sure we cover this issue when we talk on the phone.
I am glad you asked…
I LOVE designing training courses for organizations of all sizes on the following subjects:
– Change Management
– Impact Communication
– Team building
My educational material is didactic and very easy to implement.
My focus is IMPLEMENTATION and I will guide your management team on every step of the way until you reach the goals we set for the educational program.
Let’s connect, I love to get involved in projects where I can create a big positive impact in an organization.
I was responsible for training the entire management team of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines on my corporate days. In those days, it was common for me to do corporate retreats. I love to do them…
So the answer is YES!
Lets discuss how I can help you make your management retreat a complete success.